TERMS & CONDITIONS
General Terms And Conditions Of Use
Setting Up, Packing Up And Cleaning
- Hirers shall leave the hired space including kitchens, toilets and other amenities in a condition suitable for immediate use at all times. The setting up and packing away of the hired space is the responsibility of the hirer. Hiring times shall include the time required for setting up, dismantling, and cleaning etc. The hirer does not have access to the hall/rooms outside the approved hire period. The space can only be hired until the hour specified on the booking form.
- Hirers shall store all tables, chairs and equipment in the allocated storage area in each room before leaving. Charges apply if not stored by the user.
- Hirers must leave all the rooms, kitchenettes and foyer spaces clean and tidy on departure.
- Applications for hire are to be made on the Booking Form provided and must be signed by a person aged 18 years or over. All required dates will need to be advised in writing prior to the booking. The hirer is responsible for centre security, safety of guests and ensuring compliant supervision of all activities during the hire period.
- Any booking cancelled within 14 days or more of the scheduled booking date will incur a 25% cancellation fee.
- Any booking cancelled within 7 to 13 days of the scheduled booking date will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- If notification is not received and the booking is not utilised, or notification is received on the day of the booking, no refund will be given and the full amount is payable.
Please note that Committee reserves the right to:
- amend the conditions of hire, or the fees and charges. Please confirm prices and conditions at the time of booking.
- deny access to any individual or organisation (its members and/or staff)
- terminate any agreement, with any individual or organisation, (its members and/or staff) at any time.
- direct the hirer to alter their booking to allow for ‘one off’ community events. Council would give suitable notice and assist to find an alternative time/space.
- in the event of a natural disaster or other catastrophic event, where a space or building is no longer available for hire, Council is under no obligation to honour a booking or compensate for its loss.
- in the event of a dispute or a difference arising as to the interpretation of conditions in this agreement, the decision of the Chairperson will be final.
If any booking is cancelled due to:
- public health advice
- an unforeseen issue with the Hall, the hirer will be entitled to a full refund of amounts already paid towards the booking, or if the hirer prefers, the amount can be applied as a credit on the hirer’s account, to be used for a booking in the same financial year.
The hirer shall:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Ensure that a responsible supervising adult is present during any underage function (the number of supervising adults will be determined by the size and/or type of the function).
- Be responsible for the safety and conduct of every person in attendance at his or her event.
- Not be disorderly or display offensive behavior, as it will not be tolerated by Committee.
- Not serve or allow patrons to consume alcohol outside the building.
- Not attempt to enter any room or area of the centre other than those you have hired.
- Upon leaving, lock the door of the hired room then, if after hours, check the building is vacated, closing all windows and turning off the lights before leaving the building.
- Keys should be returned to the local shop (where applicable), or returned on the next working day.
- Minimise noise of patrons entering and leaving the building, to prevent disturbances to nearby residents.
- An additional €50 fee will be charged for any keys lost, damaged or not promptly returned plus any rekeying fees when required, depending on the facility. Report any lost keys immediately to the Committee.
Inside the building and room hired, the hirer shall:
- Take note of fire exit doors which must be kept clear at all times.
- Respect other users and tenants within the building. Abide by the NO SMOKING policy.
- Not tamper with any device or system designed for use in an emergency, such as fire alarms, fire extinguishers or fire hose reels. Fees apply if any tampering has occurred.
- Advise the Committee if equipment is used in any way and the hirer will be charged the cost of inspection and repair and/or replenishing of equipment if used unnecessarily.
- Report any safety issues to the Committee before, or upon, return of the keys.
- Not use glitter, confetti or similar inside the rooms or surrounding areas.
- Not use thumbtacks, staples, sticky tape or similar to fasten display material on walls.
- Be responsible for all damages caused by the placement or removal of decorations.
- Not drag chairs and tables across the floor.
- Adhere strictly to the hiring hours with all patrons leaving no later than 5 minutes after the booking expiration time.
- Be responsible for the security of the building throughout the hire period.
- Be responsible for the full replacement costs of any breakages or damages to the building, its fittings and contents (including equipment) and the surrounding grounds. Breakages must be reported before or upon return of keys.
Before Leaving Rooms and Kitchenette the hirer shall:
- Remove all personal possessions from the rooms prior to returning the keys. There are no permanent storage facilities available and the Committee holds no responsibility for possessions left or damaged in the Hall.
- Leave the facility in a clean and tidy condition. All food, drink and rubbish are to be placed in bins provided, or removed from the room if bins are not provided.
- Leave the kitchenette clean and tidy. Do not leave tea, coffee, sugar or milk behind. No food is to be left in the kitchenettes. Food left in the fridge/freezer will be removed.
- Wash, dry and put away all cutlery and crockery.
- Pay any additional cleaning fees if room, foyer and kitchenette are not left in order and a cleaner is required.
Conditions of Hire – Multiple Use / Regular Hire
The following additional terms and conditions also apply to regular bookings that hire facilities or equipment within Ballinahown Community Hall.
The hirer shall:
- Abide by conditions as outlined in the above General Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Be provided the privilege of securing a regular booking on the understanding that from time to time, the user may be asked to alter the date, time or space provided to accommodate large events of significance to the community or to local community groups.
- Be provided with reasonable notice should the regular user be required to alter their booking for a large event. The Committee will work with the regular user to ensure the best possible alternative arrangements for their hire.
- On the Booking Form you must indicate that you have read, understood and agreed to abide by the Terms and Conditions as outlined above.
On the Booking Form you will be asked to indicate that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions as outlined above.